The figures are undeniable: e-commerce is hot! During the end of the year period, Belgians jointly bought €1 billion online. And that's not all: sales through e-commerce grew by 15% last year. But is this also as a success story for Belgian companies?
E-commerce is essentially a new market with many opportunities. Yet it also involves certain risks: in this new market, you are subject to new regulations and laws. To make a success story of your e-commerce activities, it is crucial to find the right balance. Therefore, the strategic, logistical, fiscal and legal puzzle pieces should fit neatly together.
Moore Stephens supports customers in determining their e-commerce strategy and underpins answers targeting i.a. the following strategic questions:
- What do we want to accomplish through e-commerce?
- What specific actions are needed to carry out this strategy (action plan)?
- Which customer segments do we want to reach online and how can we do so?
- How do we bring our potential customers to our online shops?
- What is the (operational, logistical and financial) impact and what are the risks to our traditional business?
- How do we minimize the cost of delivery, respecting the expectations of consumers?
- How do we organize our return policy?
- How do we optimize our stock within the e-commerce target?
- How much and where do we stock?
- How much revenue must be realized in order to recover the investment and what is the revenue potential?
In short, Moore Stephens helps customers to determine a strategic plan and about how they can convert the plan into reality. We advise companies about all aspects of e-commerce and hereby make the overall picture remains to target. With the help of Moore Stephens also Belgian companies can write a "successful e-commerce story"!