GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in high tech devices and services for all sectors of the petroleum and gas industry. The company has a global workforce of over 20,000 and operates in more than a hundred countries.
Expertise offered by Moore Stephens
- APICS Premier Channel Partner (Belgium)
- Extensive certification programmes for Lean, Demand Planning (IBF) and Demand Driven MRP
- SME portfolio for eligible companies
What the client wanted
GE Oil & Gas appealed to APICS in order to improve its customer services and raise operational efficiency. With targeted materials management as its strategic leverage, the company created a team for the purpose of improving on-time deliveries by 30 percentage points.
- Introduction and composition of a multinational materials management team
- Implementation of a best practices guide
- Setting and creating benchmarks so that the programme results could be measured
- +30% increase in on-time deliveries
- 30% reduction in lead times
- 50% rise in capacity occupation
- Say/do ratio in excess of 95%
- 150 employees participated in the APICS CPIM training course