- In 2016, SAS Automotive decided to cease the production of dashboards for Volvo Cars Gent. Consequently, Volvo had to start building their dashboards in-house within a matter of months.
- New internal and external logistic flows had to be created and several new suppliers had to be educated in the “Volvo Way Of Working” (e.g. JIT) to ensure a smooth transition.
- Moore Stephens assisted the customer in identifying and improving the existing logistic flow of SAS Automotive: Which parts are needed to build the dashboards? Are they all accounted for in the new internal production process?
- We trained the new suppliers in the “Volvo Way Of Working” by organising a supplier day and being the primary contact for all logistic questions.
- The insourcing project was completed without any impact or disruptions in the production area.
- Today, the new dashboard production process is fully aligned with the business requirements of Volvo.
- Several non-performing suppliers have been trained, ensuring a progressively stable logistic flow.