The Miko Group is headquartered in Turnhout and since its inception it soon took a leading position in two major industries: coffee and plastics. Over the years the group has grown to become a dynamic and listed company with a range of subsidiaries in Belgium and abroad.
Expertise offered by Moore Stephens
- Innovative labour organisation
- Strategic advice
- Process optimisation
- Lean management
- Change management
- Drafting and submitting subsidy applications
What the client wanted
Miko wanted to optimise its production processes while simultaneously increasing employee motivation. In order to achieve these twin goals, they engaged Moore Stephens Strategy & Operations.
Moore Stephens started off by using intake interviews, workshops and data analyses to draft an ESF subsidy application. Once that application was approved Miko worked with Moore Stephens consultants on modifying the organisational structure, a change process that was conducted in three stages:
- Focusing: a strategy check, giving meaning to the company goals and vision;
- Designing: process analyses of a departmental pilot project and determining competences as well as of the development of pilot teams;
- Performing: creating and introducing implementation plans and a development programme within the pilot department
Together with Moore Stephens Strategy & Operations Miko managed to structure production within the pilot department in a more process-oriented manner, with the focus on lean principles and aspects of innovative labour organisation. This project was part-financed by ESF resources.